Press Release Archive
iMeet® Launches the Ability to Collaborate in Real-Time via IM and Video Calling to Make Anytime Collaboration Simpler
New Communications Features Mean Teams Can Stay Productive and Engaged Outside of a Virtual Meeting
Mar 7, 2016
ATLANTA, March 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- PGi, the world's largest dedicated provider of collaboration software and services, today launched the latest release of its award-winning all-in-one web, video and audio conferencing solution, iMeet®. The iMeet desktop application now includes instant message, presence, and video and voice calling features to enable teams to effectively communicate in-real time with internal and external colleagues throughout the workday.
"iMeet gives customers greater control over how they work across teams with all of the communications tools that workers need – in one place," said David Guthrie, CTO, PGi. "People gather in meetings every day, but so much work gets done offline, after the meeting ends. iMeet users can see when contacts are online, store and share files, chat one-on-one or in groups, escalate a chat session to a video call or seamlessly launch an iMeet group meeting. The new iMeet desktop application gives users a choice on how they want to work together, within one app."
The latest release of iMeet enhances the desktop app experience with a host of new features that empower productivity and team collaboration in the workplace:
- IM and presence. Know when your contacts are online and available and communicate anytime you need to.
- Voice & video calling. Using WebRTC technology iMeet's high-definition audio and video calling takes place instantly from a chat session.
- Easy file sharing. Get files out of email and put them in a personal central repository that can be quickly accessed outside of a meeting or shared in a chat session.
- Simpler login. An updated login flow allows you to register as an iMeet user.
- Faster meeting access. Get your meeting connection details, start your meeting, and join another person's meeting from one screen.
- New contacts features. Add iMeet room owners, registered users, and other people to your iMeet contacts to see when others are online and available.
iMeet gives users powerful communications and collaboration functionality all within one easy-to-use product. Meet via web, video or audio conference, chat, share files, detect presence or host video calls – all within a single, easy-to-use desktop or web application, or any telephone device. iMeet is designed to have the industry's most elegant and appealing user interface and to be the most intuitive and enjoyable way to meet online.
To unlock the power of iMeet for your organization, visit pgi.com/imeet or contact a PGi representative at 866-755-4878 for a live demo.
All trademarks referred to in this release are the property of their respective owners.
About Premiere Global Services, Inc. │ PGi
PGi is the world's largest dedicated provider of collaboration software and services. For more than 20 years, our broad portfolio of products has served the end-to-end collaboration needs of enterprises. Accessible anywhere, anytime and on any device, PGi's award-winning collaboration solutions drive productivity and teamwork for approximately 50,000 customers around the world. To learn more, visit us at pgi.com.